I got to thinking the other day (I do that occasionally) about my dream jobs. Obviously, I've already picked my career path and am currently pursuing a degree in it. However, sometimes I like to think about what I would have considered if I hadn't been lucky enough to know exactly what I've wanted to do my whole life. I came up with these top five jobs that would be my other choices.
1. A cupcake baker. Or probably just a baker in general. I love making cakes, cookies, and cupcakes, and I like the creativity involved in decorating them too. Someday I'll open my own cupcake shop ;)
2. A professional organizer. Now I know this sounds absolutely horrible to most people. But I think it would be so fun! I love to organize things anyway, and when it's not your own stuff there's less pressure :)
3. An interior designer. Come on, who doesn't want to be one really? After watching HDTV's design star, I'm starting to think I could do it without all that pesky schooling that they claim you need.
4. A band merch seller. Ok, you have to admit this job would be awesome. Travel the country, listen to awesome music, hang with the band, and make money by selling their t-shirts. Of course I'd have to be picky about the band. I'm thinking Fleet Foxes isn't too much to ask.
5. A stay-at-home creator. I really would love to open my own etsy shop and sell handmade goods. The issue is I have neither the time, nor money, nor resources, nor talent to do this.
The good news is I'm not searching for a career. I am completely confident in my choice to become an elementary school teacher. Obviously I already picked the best job in the world : )
And speaking of Fleet Foxes, I never get tired of this:
What do you want to be when you grow up?