Wednesday, April 6, 2011

In Bloom

Spring is (kinda) finally here and it is (kinda) warm outside!
I can't tell you how ready I am for sunshine and the ability to walk outside without getting windburned and having your body parts tingle in pain....

However, I have been feeling the end of semester blues lately, and am not completely satisfied with the 55 degree weather. I'm kind of over being not miserably cold but not yet warm. So to liven my mood and to add a little spring to my room I decided to make my dead branches tree blossom with paper flowers.

You may recall from my room post back in August the tree branches I placed in a mason jar
Before:


After:


The flowers didn't turn out quite like I had hoped, I didn't take into account that one side of the paper was white and not orange. But after I had made them I was too lazy to start over.



These flowers are so easy to make, just cut paper into a square, draw a spiral, cut out along the spiral, and roll it up from the outside to the center. So simple and pretty cute if I do say so myself!



Spring is finally here, if only in my room ♥

XO, Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment