Saturday, September 4, 2010

A few weeks in a few photos.



Ay yi yi! These past few weeks have been absolutely crazy folks. I mean CRAZY! And let me tell ya, the craziness is nowhere near over! In just two weeks:
-I said goodbye to my mother
-I had lots of adventures with the boy
-I moved 8 large rubbermades filled with items + my entire car filled with stuff into a teeny tiny room in a teeny tiny apartment
-I began an online class that might begin the end of my life
-I worked on getting a job
-I attended a lot of classes and got really nervous about this semester
-My boyfriend contracted some kind of deadly disease (not really, but we were worried there for a moment)
-I had no time to breathe, let alone blog
-I was very sleep deprived
-I had many hysterical laughing attacks that were beyond control
-I wished I hadn't hoped for summer to be over so much.

It really has been insane. I'm finally having a moment to take a step back and just breathe, although I really shouldn't. There is so much homework and such to do!

ANYWAY, I decided it was time to give this blog a little time and attention, so this post will be showing off my new living space. I'm really pleased with the way my room has turned out. Today I found an old coat rack at the thrift store that I purchased for $8 and gave a little love by painting it bright purple. I can't wait to add it to our living room :)

This is the main view of "my side" of the room.
The Abraham Lincoln head is the best thing I've ever bought from a thrift store, hands down.
I find it interesting that I have a coffee tin and tea box, both drinks I rarely partake of.


Jim Morrison's nipple courtesy of my lovey roomate Jessica :)

I painted the lion this summer using a T-shirt for my reference material. I also felt the need to display my polaroids in a cuter way, so I decided to frame them.

I also created the banner this year with no color scheme in mind. It turns out almost everything I put up is blue, green, and orange, so I guess a scheme evolved after all. The flowers are a decal from Target.
I love using sticks in a vase rather than flowers. They never go bad :)
My closet has by far been the biggest cause of headaches over my entire college experience. Normally it is so stuffed to the max with no organization whatsoever that I dread putting clothes in it every year. This year, however I am proudly displaying it because I have finally found a system in which I can see most of my clothes and they aren't taking over Jessica's side! It truly is my pride and joy this year.
My bed is the top. No I cannot sit up in it, I basically army crawl into it and out of it. The bedspread is an antique quilt I found last fall.
The antlers hanging on the wall are my mothers. She caught them in 1969 with my Grandpa. I absolutely love them!
Our really large shower room
Thanks mom for the decals :) That makeshift coat rack will soon be replaced by a cute purple one!
A sneak peak at our hallway. I found that cute rustic table for only $20.

So there's my mini room tour. Our living room is far from done, so I will postpone those photos for later. Speaking of postponing photos, the rest of the pictures I took from the past few weeks will come later. There are quite a few and I need a good chunk of time to upload them and such. Now it's time for some rest, tomorrow I am celebrating two years with a very cute boy. And let me tell you, they have been some pretty great years.

XOXO, Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment